Editorial Intern Position
Higher Education Publishing
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is seeking an Editorial Intern. Working from our downtown office at Adelaide and Spadina, this individual will receive a unique opportunity to learn about all aspects of publishing in a small, independent environment.
The Editorial Intern will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the acquisition, development, and production of our textbooks. This individual will
- Attend editorial meetings
- Conduct market research for proposed manuscripts
- Research opportunities for new textbooks
- Read incoming book proposals and write readers’ reports
- Assist with the preparation of manuscripts for production
- Write and proofread back cover and marketing copy as needed
- Assist with reviewing proofs and editing supplements
- Assist with book distribution and mailing
- Assist with cover design and photo research
- Perform administrative support where needed
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Demonstrated interest in educational publishing
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Superior research skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Experience copy editing and proofreading is an asset
- Experience in a higher education academic setting is an asset
- Bilingualism in French is an asset
Enrollment or recent experience in an editorial, publishing, or journalism program is preferred but not required.
This is a full-time, four-month internship, beginning as soon as possible, with an honorarium of $25 per day.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one PDF document, to Lizzie Di Giacomo at email@example.com by Monday June 25, 2018.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.