We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our marketing team in the full-time position of Marketing Coordinator. This position will work closely with our marketing manager and sales team. .
Who we are:
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is one of Canada’s leading independent publishers of books for higher education. We create books that make a genuine and lasting contribution to the evolution of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. Our Women’s Press imprint is Canada’s foremost academic feminist publisher.
Who you are:
You are an independent and detail-oriented marketing professional with impeccable organizational skills to brag about. Your friends say your writing, grammar, and communication skills are unparalleled. You have creative flare and love to take on design and writing projects that tell a brand story. You are practiced at utilizing data to inform strategic decisions. You are comfortable in photoshop or InDesign as well as with spreadsheets and administrative tasks.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinating the bi-annual Canadian Scholars print catalogue and ushering it from planning and design to printing and mailing
- Creating marketing copy for new titles, eblasts, ads, brochures, and other promotional material
- Designing and creating templates and visuals for ads, emails, brochures and more
- Representing Canadian Scholars at in-person conferences, or hosting virtual events
- Executing marketing plans for new titles, backlist initiatives, and more
- Writing press releases, pitching media, and creating opportunities with promotional partners
- Researching and presenting new markets, technology, and ideas that support company goals
- Organizing marketing data and book information to aid the sales and acquisitions teams
- An undergraduate degree. A publishing certificate would be an asset.
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Impressive grammar and copywriting skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage a wide range of tasks
- Familiarity with InDesign and other Adobe products
- Experience in the Canadian book publishing industry and/or a post-secondary publishing certificate would be an asset
- Email marketing experience would be an asset
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 23, 2021.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press encourages applications from candidates who are members of underserved and underrepresented communities, including BIPOC, LGBTQ2+, people living with dis/ability, and others. Please state in your email that you would like to be considered for recruitment equity if this applies to you. While you are welcome to elaborate further, it is not required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.