We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
Distribution Manager – Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is one of Canada’s foremost higher-education publishers. Our dynamic publishing team includes editorial, production, marketing and sales and is responsible for doubling our sales revenues over the past four years and creating leading-edge digital products.
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our team in the position of Distribution Manager, based out of our downtown Toronto office. This is a new role, part of our Leadership Team and reporting to the Publisher and Vice-President.
- Overseeing distribution and fulfillment for print and digital publishing products, including: printing; inventory; order processing; metadata; and digital distribution channels
- Working closely with our Director of Sales and Marketing, our Marketing Manager, and their teams in support of our marketing and sales objectives
- Supervising staff, managing independent contractors and third-party supplier relationships including printers, distributors and sales channels
- Designing new business processes to support our current increased volumes in all aspects of print and digital distribution and fulfillment
- Leading the evaluation of distribution and fulfillment practices to help the company achieve its strategic objectives. Implementing performance metrics for distribution and fulfillment operations
- Contributing as part of the Leadership Team, including: fostering a collaborative company culture; improving understanding and communication around distribution practices; and promoting the effectiveness of all aspects of our publishing program
- An undergraduate degree
- 2-5 years of professional experience related to supply chain or distribution management, including experience supervising staff
- Excellence in systems management, administration, and data management, including a demonstrated ability for quantitative analysis
- Excellence in communication and relationship management
- An ability to solve complex problems in creative ways
- A strongly collaborative approach. This is a position that will achieve results only through close collaboration with others
- Experience in print or digital book distribution would be an asset
Desired skills and experience:
Please submit applications in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18th, 2020.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.