Marketing and Sales Intern Position
Higher Education Publishing
Canadian Scholar || Women’s Press is seeking a Marketing and Sales intern. Working from our Adelaide and Spadina office, this individual will receive a unique opportunity to learn about all aspects of higher educational publishing in a small, independent environment.
Marketing and Sales responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the implementation of our annual marketing strategy for all books
- Creating all marketing and promotional material including catalogues, book flyers, publicity, advertisements, and award submissions
- Assisting in the creation and tracking of all marketing campaigns
- Assisting in the maintenance of our CRM database
- Assisting in organizing all event and conference logistics
- Executing and maintaining a social media presence across all platforms
- Coordinating all book mailing
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic team player, who has excellent communication and organizational skills, is comfortable managing workflow on a number of projects, and is familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Impeccable copywriting and copyediting skills are a requirement. Applicants must currently be enrolled in a Publishing program or have graduated within the last six months.
This is a four-month, $25 a day internship. Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one PDF document, to Laura Gergley at email@example.com by Monday, August 13, 2018.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Those invited in for an interview will be asked to bring design and writing samples.