We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
Sales and Marketing Manager [12-month contract position] – Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is one of Canada’s leading independent publishers of books for the higher education market. We create books that make a genuine and lasting contribution to the evolution of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. Our Women’s Press imprint is Canada’s foremost academic feminist publisher.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team in the limited-term contract position of Sales and Marketing Manager, based out of our downtown Toronto office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Strategic planning and management of sales and marketing activities
- Management and supervision of front office, sales, and marketing staff
- Coordinating sales team efforts to cover territories, build relationships, and pursue sales opportunities
- Management of AR, fulfillment, printing and distribution
- Participating in the management team, including office management and strategic planning
- An undergraduate degree
- Experience managing staff required
- Minimum of 2 years sales & marketing experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Proactive and goal-oriented with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage a wide range of tasks
- Experience in the Canadian book publishing industry would be an asset
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications in one pdf file to email@example.com by Monday March 15, 2021.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.