Editorial/Production Manager (12-month maternity leave contract)
Higher Education Publishing
Canadian Scholars | Women's Press is seeking a highly organized individual to assume the position of Editorial/Production Manager. This is a maternity leave contract position and is based out of our downtown Toronto office.
The Editorial/Production Manager is responsible for:
- Liaising with authors pre-submission to secure timely arrival of first-draft manuscripts
- Assessing manuscripts for compliance with publication plans and directing authors on necessary adjustments
- Coordinating peer review of manuscripts and guiding authors through implementation of required revisions
- Coordinating and supervising the work of freelance proofreaders, copyeditors, typesetters, designers, and indexers
- Reviewing copy-edited and proofread material
- Preparing print-ready files and communicating with printers
- Creating, maintaining, and monitoring production schedules and ensuring that books are delivered on schedule and on budget
- Other duties in support of Canadian Scholars’ publishing program as may be assigned to you by the Publisher from time to time
Education: University degree. Publishing certificate would be an asset.
Experience: Editorial experience, including project management, copyediting, and proofreading. Familiarity with the process of print book production is essential.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please submit applications via email, in one PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26th, 2018.
Canadian Scholars | Women's Press is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.